5 Tips to Getting School Supplies Up To 50% Off
By Samantha Savory
Today is the first day of school for many kids on the east coast of the U.S. and many parents have made the smart frugal decision to wait until after school starts to get all major school supplies. Today’s blog post offers 5 tips to getting school supplies up to 50 percent off!
1. Buy in bulk — You know you’ll need paper, pencils, glue sticks and notebooks to get your kids through the school year but remember to check your local dollar stores to buy these and other basics in bulk. You and a group of other parents might be able to negotiate a group discount from an office supply store.
2. Budget in advance — Make sure you know how much money you can realistically spend by creating a plan in PowerWallet, the best free way to manage your money.
3. Don’t overspend — Although you may be tempted to buy every color highlighter you see, make sure to not over do it and buy more than you need. This will help you cut your school supplies costs down significantly.
4. Use coupons — Coupons are a mom or dad’s best friend that can help cut down the overall cost of school supplies. Make sure to look on the Internet, check out your frugal Smartphone app’s and check PowerWallet’s deal section for the latest back to school supplies coupons.
5. Shop off season — If you were one of the smart parents that waited to buy school supplies, congrats! Starting today through next week, most major retailers are going to slash their back to school supplies and you can score some big savings!
If you have more frugal school supply shopping tips, feel free to share them with us in the comment section below!